It’s a KILLER
‘HOW TO QUIT SMOKING’
Want To Know How?
Everybody has an idea about the best way to quit smoking, ranging from ‘Cold Turkey’, ‘Hypnosis’, ‘Patches’, ‘Gums’, ‘Acupuncture’, ‘Drugs’ – I have even heard of ‘Boiled Cabbage’!!! We are all different and NO two smokers’ habits are the same so whatever you decide is best for you, YOU must do one thing AND that is HAVE A PLAN. So Important!!!
Some questions you must ask yourself first
• Do you consider yourself just a social smoker?
• Do you smoke at every meal?
• Are you smoking more than a pack a day?
• Is your smoking habit linked to some other addictions?
• Can you talk about your addiction to someone?
• Are you interested in changing your lifestyle & thoughts about fitness?
• Can you picture yourself a Non – Smoker?
Most smokers, in fact I would go so far as to say ALL smokers who have tried to QUIT smoking have tried many times before! It is important to understand what makes you smoke and why you keep doing it.
It is not always easy to give something up that has been such a large part of your life for so long, it has given you the illusion of comfort & pleasure and in your mind the thought of Quitting is daunting.
Some ideas of things you can do when quitting smoking
Maybe your reason for smoking is:
• ‘Relaxation or Stress’ – suggestion – Deep breathing exercises, massage, meditation, exercise
• ‘Boredom or Loneliness’? – suggestion – Find something else you are passionate about – Reading? Music? Writing?
• ‘Social situations’? – suggestion – Join a group, do a course, remind yourself why you have quit.
• ‘After eating a meal’? – suggestion – Change your menu, try different foods, make something special.
HOW? In other words, the way to take your mind off smoking is by keeping active and occupied – take walks; keep your hands and fingers busy; squeeze balls, pencils paper clips – all substitutes for tactile stimulation. Keep your mind active, read books or magazines or put on your favorite CD. Sugarless mints or gums, keep some carrot or celery sticks in the fridge, sunflower seeds. Drink lots of water, you have to flush those toxins from your body. Look for new ways to relax.
We have superb ways to help you Quit Smoking.